Exclusion Of Liability
- All persons entering a MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES vehicle and/or property owned by MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES or under its control, do so entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES is not liable for any loss or damages (including consequential or special damages or loss of profits), loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property, of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused, and whether or not caused by MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES, its directors, its officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES, arising out of or connected in any way with the transportation or non-transportation by MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES of any passenger or persons and/or their property, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES or any person acting for or controlled by MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES.
- Tickets are valid for the use only by the person/s to whom they are issued and for the date and time shown thereon. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket. Any alteration to a ticket will render it invalid.
- A customer is entitled to amend the ticket ONLY ONCE at no cost, thereafter a fee of R20 will be charged per ticket re-issue, provided that the issuing of an incorrect ticket was not as a result of MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES’s negligence or wilful misconduct.
- Only tickets purchased from MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES agents will be valid and binding for any MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES journey for the dates and times they have been issued for. Any tickets obtained from any other place or person not being a MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES agent, will be void and the bearer of such tickets shall have no claim whatsoever against MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES and/or any of its directors, officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES for any damages herein.
- A 30% Cancellation fee will apply if cancellation is made not less than 24 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in NO refund and forfeiting of the ticket
- Cancellations must be done telephonically or at any MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES office. Positive proof of identification will be required, which must be faxed to the relevant MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES office if the cancellation is done telephonically. No cancellation can be done when a ticket has previously been transferred.
Credit Card Purchases
- The cardholder must present the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) and his/her ID document on boarding any MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES vehicle or at an MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES office. Alternatively, a copy of the front and the back of the relevant credit card, together with a copy of the ID document of the cardholder must be faxed or emailed to MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES as well as signed permission that the cardholder gives authorisation that the transaction may be completed and is valid.
- Passports are compulsory on all cross-border routes and remain the sole responsibility of the passenger. MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES accepts no responsibility for passengers who are not in possession of proper and valid travel documents, or where entry to any country or territory is refused to any person for any reason. No passenger shall have any claim of any nature against MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES or its appointed agents, should he/she be prevented from undertaking or continuing with any journey as a result thereof.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the passenger makes the following declaration:
- I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I INTEND TO CROSS AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER INTO A NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY. I ALSO DECLARE THAT ALL MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING MY PASSPORT, ARE VALID AND THAT MY PASSPORT HAS MORE THAN THIRTY DAYS BEFORE EXPIRY DATE.
- I ALSO DECLARE THAT I AM IN POSSESION OF MY VACCINATION CARD AND THAT ALL MY INOCULATIONS ARE UP TO DATE AS PRESCRIBED BY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
- I HEREBY GIVE AN UNDERTAKING, THAT IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE FALSE, THAT I WILL BE RESTRAINED FROM TRAVELING FURTHER AND WILL DISEMBARK FROM THE COACH AND THAT I WILL RETURN TO THE DESTINATION OF MY CHOICE, AT MY OWN COST AND PER MY OWN ARRANGEMENT.
- I HEREBY INDEMNIFY MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES, OF ANY OBLIGATION TOWARDS MYSELF TO TRANSPORT ME TO ANY DESTINATION AS PER TICKET OBTAINED, AND THAT NO FORM OF REFUND WILL BE CLAIMED DUE TO INCORRECT TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.
- Visitors to Mozambique must ensure that they comply with the various health regulations and are reminded that this country has malaria and mosquitoes and that a prophylaxis should be taken before leaving South Africa.
- Children under 12 years will not be allowed to travel alone on any MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES vehicle, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian older than 18 years.
- As of 1ST JUNE 2015 all Children under the age of 18 years must travel with a copy of their unabridged birth certificates with their passports. If they are only travelling with one parent then they will also need to have a certified letter of consent and certified passport / ID book copy from the parent not travelling with them stating that he / she has given permission for the children to travel. If they are travelling without either parent then they will need the same certified letter of consent and passport / ID copy from both parents. This applies to both SA and foreign nationals.
- Children younger than 18 months will travel for free on all MR.CHUBBY SHUTTLES vehicles provided they don’t occupy a seat of their own. In the event that they have to occupy a seat of their own a 50% fare applies. For safety reasons a suitable car child seat is advisable, this can be acquired from us at a fee.
- Special requirement for cross-border services between RSA and Mozambique: Any child under the age of 17 will not be allowed to travel with a person holding him/herself out to be his/her guardian, family member or non-family member, without such person presenting an affidavit from either parent, giving their consent for the child to travel to the specified country. The aforesaid affidavit has to be in possession of the adult passenger accompanying the child, and available for inspection, at all times during the journey.